Google Ads is the key tool for SEM. Starting to invest in this tool involves carrying out actions and previous research to achieve the best results and achieve the objectives.
We tell you what are the steps you must follow to carry out your first Online Advertising campaign through Google Ads.
1. Set goals
The first step in running a Google Ads campaign is to set realistic goals that are consistent with your business. It must be made clear what we want to achieve with this campaign and how we are going to achieve it.
Among the objectives we can find:
- Website Traffic
- Brand or product consideration
- Coverage and brand awareness
- Promoting an app
- Visits to physical store
Organize what budget you have to invest in Google Ads campaigns. The budget is a very important part as it will determine the scope of your campaign.
2. Research keywords
Selecting the most suitable keywords for your campaign can make a difference in the results of our campaign.
Ideally, start by doing research on which keywords are most relevant and analyze the potential of each one separately. These factors must be taken into account:
- Volume of searches you have.
- Competition and the cost per click of each keyword.
- The intention of search, putting us in the place of the user.
3. Set up your campaign
To start working with Google Ads we must create a campaign and configure all the options it gives us, always taking into account the objective we want to achieve.
- Type of campaign: search, display, shopping, video, application, smart, local or discovery.
- The language.
- The bidding strategy: maximize clicks, maximize conversions, maximize the value of conversions, target impression share.
- The daily budget that we are going to invest.
- The location, to avoid unwanted clicks.
Steps to start your campaign
Once we take into account all the above, it is time to create the Google Ads campaign by following these steps:
- You must log in to https://ads.google.com or create an account in case you do not have one.
- Set up your campaign’s daily budget based on the goals you’ve set.
- Set the location of your audience.
- Choose the network where you want your ad to show.
- Write down the keywords you’ve previously analyzed and researched.
- Set up the maximum bid you’re willing to pay with each click.
- Write an attractive text to get the user’s attention and offer them the information they need.
- Enter your payment information and finish the process.
And voila, you’ve set up your first Google Ads campaign! Your ad will start showing on the network you’ve selected.
4. Review the results
A very common mistake that is made very common when carrying out Google Ads campaigns is to set up the campaign and forget about it. Google Ads offers different metrics so you can track your campaign.
No matter how well the campaign is designed, it is important to give it love during the process to verify that the established is being achieved and to be able to make changes that improve the results.
We recommend that you do regular checkups.
Now that you know what the first steps are to set up your Google Ads campaign, it’s time to get going!
In Close·marketing we are experts in advertising and we carry out campaigns completely adapted to the needs of the company to achieve the best objectives. Contact us for more information!