Online shopping is part of the daily life of most users and if your business is an online store, you should know this functionality to pick up products from online orders at a physical location after placing an online order, a more convenient, fast and efficient way to receive the purchase.
Pick-up points to make shopping easier for your customers
There are many times when users buy something online and just the day it arrives they do not know if it will be available. This is where product pickup comes into play.
These customers will have available a list of pickup locations for each product that can be picked up (or allow only one pickup location available), and thus, the same customer can get the option to choose where he/she prefers to go to pick up the purchased product.
What does this service provide?
- This service configures multiple pickup locations for the customer to choose a pickup location at the time of payment for the products.
- You will find options such as allowing, requiring or restricting pickup for individual products and product categories. Also, determine if each product can be picked up at a different location, or if only one pickup location is available per order.
- If you allow pickup locations for each item, you can limit the products that are available at a location.
- Set costs or discounts for choosing this package pickup option.
- Export and import pickup locations via CSV.
- Notify a list of email addresses when an order contains a pickup at a particular location.
- Ability to define business days and hours to allow the customer to select a pickup date.
- Supports multiple shipping methods per order.
- Allows the pickup location to be used as a fiscal address.
This is how product pickup works
The process that the customer will follow from the moment he selects a product from your online store until he picks it up at the place he has chosen is very easy, it’s time to implement it in your business!
- The customer enters your online store and chooses the product he wants to buy by sending it to the shopping cart.
- Within the purchase process, he selects the option “pick up”.
- Now it’s your turn, you confirm the purchase and send the order to the pick up point marked by the customer.
- The customer picks up the order at a specific location and within the pick-up time and schedule.
And that’s it! the customer now has his order in a more convenient and economical way.
What benefits will it bring to your future customers?
- Time saving.
- Economical: Product collection is the most economical way to deliver the order to the customer, and it will be reflected in the users’ shopping cart.
- Convenience: It is a more convenient and faster way to pick up the order online.
- Flexibility: The customer can pick up the order whenever he/she sees fit within a given time range and schedule.
- Sustainability: It is a more sustainable option and helps to reduce the “environmental footprint” of transportation.
So, don’t waste your time and that of your customers and implement this new product pick-up service in your eCommerce.